Friday, September 24, 2010

Huckabee: Your Pre-existing Condition is Barbarity

Yesterday, at a so-called "Value Voters Summit" a bunch of people like Sarah Palin (who seem to think that they uphold some sort of values) met to openly display thier mean spirits, tiny hearts, microbial brains, and greedy grubby little hands.

Here's what 2012 Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee had to say regarding health insurance:


"It sounds so good, and it's such a warm message to say we're not gonna deny anyone [health insurance] for a pre-existing condition. Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective.

Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you call your insurance agent and say, "I'd like to buy some insurance for my house."  

He'd say, "Tell me about your house." "Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I'd like to insure it today." And he'll say "I'm sorry, but we can't insure it after it's already burned. No pre-existing conditions."

(You can listen to the audio here.)

And all the other "value voters" applauded. 

That is simply disgraceful. These people are a disgrace. They are morally corrupt, self-interested miscreants. 

I hope it stays fine for them. (ironic)

As my mother would say: It makes me so angry I could spit!

These people should be deeply ashamed of themselves. Their mean-spiritedness and lack of humanity are appalling. They are nothing but barbarians...such are their "values".

Honestly.

And, on top of that, this Huckabee guy calls himself a Christian. How insulting!

I don't think Christ would go around comparing people to objects or property. What's a sick person's life worth? 

Nothing. 

According to Huckabee: "It isn't worth any more than a burnt down house."

What if someone is born with a health condition?  If Huckabee and these "value voters" had their way, they'd be shit out of luck from the get-go.

"Oh well, better luck in your next life."

What if I lose my job or I can't work because I'm sick? What if I'm one of the over 40 million people who don't get health care coverage from their employers? Sorry. You're out of luck in this country.

“Be sure not to get sick now, y’all take care.”  

The health care system in this country is an illogical mess, set up with the interests of big business and big money in mind, rather than the well-being of the citizens. Precisely when a person needs health care is precisely when they can’t get it.

Obama is trying to change some of this, but it's not nearly enough. And, I'm sure Huckabee's words yesterday were in direct response to the fact that one measure of the recenlty passed health care bill went into effect. 

As of September 23, 2010:

Health insurance companies can no longer deny children (anyone under 19) coverage if they have a pre-existing condition.

What a shame, that's sorely disappointing isn't it Huckabee? You total Ass!

All I can say is that anyone who would vote for people who talk like that would get what they deserve: a big pile of warm, steaming shit.

3 comments:

  1. Well said! Those people are hateful and offensive. We're in big trouble if they get any seats.

    I was reading through some other posts and like Carol, I found you via Vegan Epicurean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched 'Sicko' a while ago and it made me so thankful for the NHS we have in Britain. The thought that a loved one may get sick and be refused treatment simply because they maybe ticked the wrong box on a health insurance form or forgot to disclose they once had a sore throat or something is extremely scary to me. In any civilised society health care and education I believe should be a universal right, not be dependent on an individual's wealth. I don't understand people who argue otherwise; I simply don't get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose: I know, right? Great adjectives.

    Carol: You said it. Health care and education are universal rights in a civilized society. How I envy all you that get to live in one.

    Too many in the US are brainwashed into thinking that anything outside of the ever-popular "survival of the fittest" paradigm is "unAmerican", which is moronic.

    All these "self-made men and women" are not self made. If they were strip off all their clothes and strike out on their own to survive in the jungle, then they could "boast" about being "self-made".

    When we live in a society with other humans, we are all interdependent.

    I'm with you; these people/attitudes just boggle my mind.

    ReplyDelete